As a gradually growing tour operator, we are looking for new part-time local tour guides to expand our team, whereby we offer you the opportunity to develop yourself as a full-on tour guide and to interact with people from different nationalities and backgrounds.
Are you outgoing, a group entertainer, and passionate about Lebanon's history and archaeology, this job might be for you!
Local Tour Guide
As a Local Tour Guide at TravelWise and Living Lebanon, you are responsible for escorting, entertaining and informing our customers, while taking them on a tour to or in a touristic destination in Lebanon.
The tour services to be provided will be in line with the booked tour package, the clients’ specific expectations and desires, and of course your own personal signature! During a tour, we will ask you to answer questions from clients, provide required assistance (bathroom stops, first-aid, etc) and respond to unexpected situations. Still interested? See the requirements below.
Role and Responsibilities
- Receiving and welcoming the group.
- Introducing Living Lebanon & TravelWise and yourself to the group.
- Informing the group about the content and time schedule of the day.
- Escorting and entertaining the group during the tour, including payment of entrance fees and ordering and payment of food & beverages at the designated spots..
- Providing relevant information about the history, archeology, architecture, culture and flora and fauna in accordance to our internal tour information sheets.
- Answering questions from clients.
- Adhering to the agreed time schedule.
- Ensuring the group sticks to the (environmental) rules.
- Providing help when needed (first aid, bathrooms, water, etc).
- Ensuring good pacing.
- Performing continued research and maintaining a good level of scientific knowledge about the history, archeology, architecture, culture and flora and fauna of the sites, and contributing to the development of our tour information sheets.
- Assisting in identifying new tour destinations.
- Ensuring training of local guides.
- Liaising with the tour managers of TravelWise and Living Lebanon to ensure that the tours are being performed according to the tour package and timelines.
- Acting as the main line of communication between the client and the tour managers of TravelWise and Living Lebanon.
- Reporting of tour expenses.
Qualifications and Characteristics of the Ideal Guide
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree, preferable in history, archaeology, tourism or related fields.
- Arabic and English speaking.
- Great interest in Lebanon’s history, culture and nature.
- Experience in coordinating and leading a group.
- Experience in tour guiding preferred, yet not required.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Creative, flexible and patient.
- Good communication skills - engaging & interactive.
- Good social and interpersonal skills - funny & friendly.
- Open to other cultures and believes.
- Feeling comfortable in addressing and talking to (large) groups.
- Representative, outgoing and customer focused.
- Other Foreign language skills (French, Spanish) preferred.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Loud & clear voice.
- Lebanese or International Driving license, preferable with the use of a representative car.
What can Living Lebanon and TravelWise offer you?
Our mission is to bring our clients – mostly foreigners – genuine classical and unique off-the-beaten-path experiences in Lebanon, in the shape of high-quality intimate private tours, combining outdoor activities and cultural visits with a local tasting experience. All our private tours can be tailor-made according to the wishes and demands of the client
Becoming a local tour guide for Living Lebanon and TravelWise allows you to actively contribute to showing the real Lebanon to our clients. As a gradually growing tour operator, we offer you the opportunity to develop yourself as a full-on tour guide, covering one or multiple destinations in Lebanon and interacting with people from different nationalities and backgrounds. We invest in our guides, wanting them to be happy and passionate in their job, and to become autonomous, entertaining guides delivering high-quality tours.
Guides will be compensated on a per tour bases.
To apply to this job, please send an email with your CV and a motivation / cover letter to email@example.com. Emails with only a CV will be disregarded.
If you have any questions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org / +31 6 4811 6082 (Whatsapp only) / +961 70 913 809 (calls only).